Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 13, 2018 the perfect day to honor your mother, grandmother or any woman who makes or has made a contribution to your life! Orlando is a great place to celebrate mothers day and it can be memorable without being expensive. The typical tourist attractions might not always be the way to go all though they will all be great! There are a lot of inexpensive things to do with a special woman during Mother’s Day in Orlando.
Free admission for Moms in Orlando:
- Bok Tower Gardens is celebrating moms with free admission on May 13 — and it’s definitely worth the drive.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is offering free admission for moms on Mother’s Day, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m
- The Orange County Regional History Center is celebrating with free admission to all moms on May 13, noon – 5 p.m.
Events happening Mother’s Day weekend in Orlando:
Alive After 5
Thursday, May 10 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Alive After 5 is Central Florida’s largest recurring monthly street party with live music, local artists, food and beverage sampling in the beautiful historic town of Sanford. This month’s theme is muy bueno: Sanford de Mayo.
Winter Park, Popcorn Flicks
Thursday, May 10 at 8 p.m.
Set up a picnic and comfy spot at Central Park in Downtown Winter Park for a film on the big screen. This month’s feature is “Planet of the Apes.”Art & Music in the Park & Food Truck Bazaar
Friday, May 11 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Spend an evening at the beautiful Lake Concord Park in Casselberry enjoying live music, artisan booths and a variety of culinary flavors from local food trucks.
Saturday, May 12 at 8 p.m.
Bring your blankets and chairs to enjoy a movie on the lawn. This month’s feature is “Despicable Me 3.”
Mennello Museum Free Family Funday
Sunday, May 13
Visit with the family for a miniature fine art project and to tour the exhibits. The exhibit halls are open until 4:30 p.m. for you to explore.
Music at the Casa
Sunday, May 13 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
$5 donation recommended
Casa Feliz in Winter Park opens its doors for live music and tours of the historic house and James Gamble Rogers II Studio. Bring along a picnic to enjoy in the beautiful flower gardens. Donations are accepted.
More ideas to celebrate Mom in Orlando:
- Let her relax with a free wine tasting and tour at Lakeridge Winery in Clermont or an inexpensive wine tasting at Quantum Leap Winery in Winter Park (tasting room hours Tuesday – Saturday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Float through the canals and lush landscape of Winter Park’s waterways on a tranquil Scenic Boat Tour ($14 for adults, $7 for kids) or rent one of the iconic swan paddle boats at Lake Eola ($15 per half hour).
- Take mom to lunch and shopping in Mount Dora. With quaint streets, boutiques, and small-town charm, Mount Dora is a beautiful spot to spoil her. She’d also love an afternoon in downtown Sanford, Winter Park or Winter Garden.
- Spend Mother’s Day at the Orlando Farmers Market at Lake Eola Park featuring fresh flowers, art, food and a beer and wine garden.
- Take a dip in the springs. Choose from one of the many cool and natural parks in Central Florida.
- Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College is always free!
Almost every area restaurant will be hosting brunch on Sunday but be sure to make a reservation and book early!
Leave a Reply